hi everyone! I know I haven’t posted AT ALL during the month of February (yes, I know, I’m horrible!) and I’m so sorry for being dead.
Couldn’t resist channeling my inner Moriarty here–
Hahah. Andrew Scott is the perfect villain.
Just thought I’d update you a bit on the comings and goings of my life–
To all the authors out there whom I owe reviews to, I’m sorry for being so unfashionably late! I WILL get your reviews up this month, I promise!
Life’s been incredibly busy on my end. So many unexpected things happened to me in February and to top it all off, it wasn’t a great reading month. I’m pretty sure Goodreads says I’m six books behind on my reading goal. Oops. Not a great start.
And because I love making lists…
Things That Happened to Zelle in February
- YA GIRL GOT INTO COLLEGE!! (somehow) and not just one, but TWO!!? what the frickety frickle actual frick frack. I still can’t believe it.
- I flew to one of the colleges I was admitted to in order to do an interview for a scholarship.
- I met up with one of my best friends who attends the college I flew to and he took me around and bought me boba. With matcha! (See, that’s how you do it. Buy me food and you’re golden. This is real friendship, guys. ;))
- I walked into a college lecture and DAMN, there were a lot of people!
- I learned that Mata Hari’s real last name was…Zelle.
- Visited my grandmother’s grave the day after I received my first acceptance letter (the day I visited was the anniversary of her passing) and thanked her profusely in broken Mandarin and mixed English for always supporting and believing in me.
- Finished The Crown. WHICH WAS ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL AND LITERALLY EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH IT OKAY? OKAY. definitely 5/5.
- Finished the first season of Reign. I’m torn. I want to love it but I can’t.
- Finished Victoria. Jenna Coleman and Tom Hughes have some seriously SIZZLING CHEMISTRY HOLY CRUD THEY MAKE ME SO HAPPY SCREEEEEEEEE
- I reached 9,000 followers on Instagram. Wonder how that happened. Huh. THANK YOU ALL. ❤
- So I learned that the 8-year-old son of one of the teachers at my school was shot and killed during a drive-by shooting, and it makes me absolutely sick to think about it. And to make matters even worse, the person at fault was never caught.
- School was randomly cancelled on the 10th because our main transformer malfunctioned and went out.
- I had like a bazillion orchestra rehearsals because I’m flying out to compete on March 1, and I have another orchestra that I participate in because I can’t get enough of musical torture. (just kidding, I actually really love classical music)
- I WENT TO THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER ON THE 24TH. THAT. IS. ALL. I THINK CAPS LOCK CONVEYS MY EMOTIONS WELL ENOUGH. I will do a full blog post on this later, but just look at this!!! It’s so beautiful that I almost burst into tears!
I probably had other stuff as well but since I had the insane idea of blogging at an ungodly hour of night right before my flight (wow so many rhymes), I probably forgot some things.
Oh yeah, like this one reunion I attended. Whoops. That was a thing.
And driving lessons. Can’t forget those.
Okay, now I’m just writing like I’m delusional. I’m probably going to publish this and then regret it later. In other words, I should stop here.
Hope you’re all doing well! Feel free to email me at email@example.com, friend me on goodreads, or talk books with me on Instagram at fragilemyths.