Today I’m going to share my goals for 2018 with all of you. I know I’m definitely (really) late to the party, but the reason why I still want to write this post is so that I can hold myself accountable for actually going about and achieving what I want to accomplish this year!
I have a lot of big and small goals I want to meet throughout the year, and since many of them are quite different from one another, I’ve decided to group them by category.
So without further ado…
FOR UNIVERSITY ACADEMICS
- PRIORITIZE, PRIORITIZE, PRIORITIZE!!
- Don’t skip lectures every day. That’s what I did last semester and it bit me in the ass. I went from being a straight A student my whole life to…well, a not so great student in just one semester.
- reconcile myself with the understanding that it’s okay to not be the best at everything
- set aside studying time every weekend instead of going to San Francisco with friends
- study in between classes instead of going home
- get a GPA of at least 3.8
- go to the library more often than just the days leading up to exams
- take notes in class!
FOR PERSONAL GROWTH
- visit at least two new countries
- create spreadsheets for monthly money spending and budgeting
- go to the gym at least three times a week
- attend a concert
- journal every day
- go a month without complaining
- quit chewing my nails to pieces
- learn to cook five more dishes
- listen to a news podcast in German (I’m currently studying German, so I’d love to get more practice with the language.)
- land a single axel
- learn how to edit video through Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro
- grow vertically instead of horizontally (this has been a dream of mine since forever, seriously)
- join a lab or research team!
FOR BOOKSTAGRAM AND BLOGGING
- read 50 books
- post at least every other day on #bookstagram
- write a new blog post every week
- set aside time to read on Mondays, Fridays, and the weekend
- finish This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- tackle an intimidating classic volume, such as Anna Karenina or War and Peace (why are all the big books written by renowned Russian authors?!)
So as you can see, there are quite a lot of things I want to do this year. Hopefully I’ll be able to refer back to this post at the end of 2018 and reflect on what goals I did or didn’t meet. This list might seem overly ambitious, but that isn’t going to stop me from trying my best to accomplish as many as possible! What’s your biggest aspiration/dream/goal for 2018?