Hey bookish people!
I know I haven’t exactly been diligent with blogging and posting lately. Sorry about that! A few things have happened since I last published a new post:
- FINALs are FINAL-ly over! (I admit, that was weak.) This means no more cramming for tests and stressing over grades that are living on the edge and perilously close to plunging over the wrong end of the grading cliff.
- I completed my Goodreads challenge of reading 100 books this year. I went from being 12 books ahead during the summer to 5 books behind once school started again for the fall semester. But somehow, I managed to catch up and finish my goal! If you really love something, you’ll always find time for it right?
- I’m on Christmas break! Which means: a) more time for reading + blogging and b) less time to finish the college applications I still haven’t submitted.
- I played in a winter orchestra concert as the principal violinist. We played Mozart’s Symphony No. 38 and Corelli’s Christmas Concerto, as well as a handful of traditional Christmas songs, such as Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Sleigh Ride.
- I finally watched Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children. Asa Butterfield. That. is. all. (Did it bother anyone that it was so different from the books? And that Olive’s and Emma’s peculiarities were switched?)
- I found out Zayn and Taylor Swift did a collab for Fifty Shades Darker (no, I haven’t read the books or watched the movie and I don’t think I ever will do either of those things). But their new song, I Don’t Wanna Live Forever, is so addicting! Which is totally weird because I usually don’t like pop music.
I don’t like making excuses for myself, but the main reason why I wasn’t able to post at least once last week was because I was drowning in school and finals and the dreaded, unfinished college applications. Hopefully, I’ll muster up the motivation to polish off the last couple of college apps that I have and get back to posting more regularly!
So, how’s your life? Did I miss anything interesting while I was gone?